Sunday, February 20, 2011

Plan B - by Pete Wilson. Book Review

I have just finished reading Plan B and everything is fresh in my mind.

There was a lot of stuff I needed to hear.

Plan B is exactly what the title says.

Plan B.

I felt though that this book is more for people who are already Christians. And the last few chapters about the cross are to me like a reminder of what we Christians seem to miss out and the importance of the cross is brought in discussion.

What I like the most about this book is that it's honest; Pete Wilson is simply telling you what you need and what you have to hear.

The book goes through different aspects and it makes you think, long and hard.

About the importance of letting go of the need for control, of the things that you considered as normal and you expected to happen in your life.

What I absolutely like about the book is that it prepares you and it helps if you deal with a Plan B situation now or in the future. And as Pete says (and I happen to agree with him), a situation like that will come.

The author successfully managed to get my attention, although this types of books are not necessarily my type of readings. But it’s like someone is sitting right in front of you and friendly giving you advices and helping see things from a different perspective.

The Bible examples and the real-life situations of Plan Bs are excellent illustrations of how to let the shattered plans and dreams mold into the person God wants you to be.

This is a book I will keep as reference for when time to deal with my Plan B will come.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment