Sunday, February 20, 2011

Plain Paradise - by Beth Wiseman. Book Review


I read the first book in the "Daughters of the Promise" series, but this is the 4th book.

It's a good read, but I guess I am no longer that surprised by the plot.

What I do like is the Amish feel and the love for simple things. The author is doing a good job at describing the lifestyle, the feelings and the decisions that have to be made, especially when coming in contact with people from outside the Amish community, as is the case in this book.

The book tells the story of a young woman, about to be married, but who finds out a thing in that she hasn't been told, and so now her life is about to drastically change. The fact that Linda was adopted turns things upside down for her, but she is surrounded by people who love her and, more important, by God.

From a christian perspective, the book is a great reminder for all of God's love and that He gives us all the hope we all so much need.

Honestly, it's not a book I would read again, but the thing I really like is the Amish setting, and since I am interested in Amish culture, I think this series gives a great opportunity to find out more.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment