Sunday, February 20, 2011

Unto the Hills - by Billy Graham. Book Review


I have been committing this year, as a New Year resolution, to reading the whole Bible and I also thought that it would be of great help if I had a devotional to accompany my quiet time. So when I saw on Book Sneeze that this book was available, I jumped at the chance and just requested it. And now I do no regret.

Of course, there is no surprise that this book has had a great impact in many people’s lives. The devotional for every day is simple, concise, and easy to understand. It gives a verse or two from the Scripture, then an explanation, and in the end there is a short prayer. I really like the way in which this book is thought and designed. What I like the most about it is its simple look. It is structured my months and then by days, so it is very easy to handle it.

What I like the most about the daily devotional is that is very personal, most of the times. Billy Graham inserts personal experiences, ideas or quotes and in this way, the reader can connect better with the author.

All in all, I do not regret ordering this book as a devotional. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a daily devotional for they quiet time with the Lord.

4 stars out of 5.



Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment