Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Max on Life - by Max Lucado


I couldn’t wait to get this book from Book Sneeze. I’ve always loved a Max Lucado book. What I mostly like about this book, Max on Life. Answers and Insights to Your Most Important Questions, is the simple outlook on different matters of life. The book is structured in different areas and sections which makes it easier to find the answer to the questions one is interested in. The topical index at the end of the book is of even greater help as it sends you to the pages that deal with a certain situation.

The questions that are tackled are important ones, and apply to different people. What I really like and find useful when reading, is the fact that the answers to questions are not just simple talking. Is something given in a nutshell. The author doesn’t try to pretend he knows everything. Just as the 3rd cover says, “Max Lucado doesn’t pretend to give the final word on difficult issues. But question by question he keeps you looking toward the One who is the ultimate Answer to all our hows and whys and wheres and whens. Which, after all, is what life is really about.”

I recommend this book for those who like to have someone else’s input on things, but without going into much detail, since, as I mentioned, the answers and not abundant in details. Still, is a good book, mostly dealing with questions that have been raised by people who wanted a quick answer to “why” “where” “how” etc.

4/5

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment