Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Waiting for Forever - movie

... Truth is nothing. What you believe to be true is everything. And the main thing that I used to believe was that I would be with you forever. Forever.
The reason it's taken me so long to write to you is that I see that I'd been a fool. I'd spent my life fooling myself.
Every letter I have ever written to you has been a love letter. How could they have been anything else? I can see now that all of them, except this one, were bad love letters. Bad love letters beg for love back. Good love letters ask for nothing. This, I am pleased to announce, is my first good love letter to you, because there is nothing more for you to do. You've already done everything. I have enough of you in my head to last forever.
So please don't ever worry about me.
I'm peachy. I really am.
I have everything.
If I had one wish it would be that your life brings you a taste of the happiness you've brought to me. That you could feel what it's like to love.

The were quite a few things I didn't like in this movie. But it's a RomCom, so no great expectations. But this letter is one of the two things I liked. The other one is this quote:

"Why would I go where you don't want me to go?"


Waiting for Forever, 2010
starring: Rachel Bilson
Tom Sturridge

No comments:

Post a Comment