Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Locks of Love


On 26th of April I got my hair cut. More often than I like to admit, I mourned my loss. I didn't even realized how much I liked my long locks until the said locks were gone. But I had to do it, my hair needed it. It was something I had planned on doing since last time I had a radical hair cut: donate it. I went to the lady who cut my hair and told her I wanted to donate it. She, of course, gave me a funny look, smiled (cause she's nice and all), and asked: "Donate it?" "Yes", I replied. I didn't give her the chance to carry on with her reply, mainly because I kind of knew she was at a loss of words (I'm just guessing, but most probably I'm right), so I said: "I was thinking... how should we do this better? Just a simple low pony-tail, or two long, low, piggy tails?" Since she was the lady who was about to perform the hair cutting, she regained her speech and proceeded to say that "It would be much better to divide it in two pony tails, because in a pony you will not have so much hair to donate." Or something along those lines. I am terribly sorry to report I did not snap a picture of those two pony tails once I got home. They looked like two dead animals, but that's just my sicky mind. I don't think I have a photo of me with my very short hair right after I got it cut. I am not that good at memory keeping as I like to think. The following week I mailed my two locks of love (haha, not really) to Locks of Love in US + I put in the envelope a piece of paper with my address on it. The only reason I did this (not that I don.t like getting mail/postcards, but this was not important in this matter) was because it was the only way I could be sure my donation made it to destination. Get a postcard = mission accomplished. Yay!
Yesterday I found in the mail box the long awaited postcard announcing that:
I don't think I did that much&big of a thing, but hey, happy to help.
The info on the back of the postcard is heart breaking and although I whined for my hair like a little, spoiled brat, I can say that I would do this again in a heartbeat.

***
goal completed from my 101 in 1001 list: VIII 1 - donate my hair to Locks of Love.