Wednesday, July 9, 2014

School's Out for Good

Goal I14, Graduate Master's Program -- done! done! & done!

I had the dissertation presentation today. Of course I was nervous, but it was OK in the end. By in the end I mean after I found out I got a 10. School's really over for me now. Can't believe it!

I get nostalgic thinking about it. Just today I was talking to my mom about two professors of mine and about their lectures and seminars, and how much I enjoyed participating and studying for them. Funny how only in perspective, looking back, does studying look fun. I don't even know who I am anymore. No more finals, no more nervousness, no more papers to write, no more classes and seminars to attend.

It's been 17 years since I started first grade. Seventeen! Seventeen years is a long time! It's going to be interesting not going to school or college come fall. I'm pretty sure I'll adjust to this, but still. Also, I'm going to miss all the perks of being a student. Bye-bye half price library card, bye-bye free city transportation, bye-bye half price for almost anything interesting. It's all full price, full-time from now on. Guess this is adult life. Bring it, I guess. *trembling*


Here are two very unprofessional and unclear photos to show off my dissertation paper, of which I'pretty proud. This paper brought me to all kinds of different books which I hope I'll read someday, though I have a pretty long to-read list on Good Reads (over 500!!!). But that's a story for another day.
                                                              Showing off my dissertation paper. *smug face*



1 comment: