Saturday, May 9, 2015

Monday with My Old Pastor - José Luis Navajo: Book Review

This book is choke-full of wisdom.
Sometimes what one needs is a fresh perspective on things. A pastor, who is on the verge of giving up on what he thought was his calling, is nudged by his wife to go visit their old pastor. Therefore, every Monday for a period of time he visits the old pastor, now retired, and shares his burdens, and the old pastor shares with the young pastor the wisdom accumulated over many years in ministry.
Although the book is written from a pastor's perspective and deals with issues pastors usually deal with, it's also suitable to be read by any Christian. I like the things the old pastor says, especially since they aren't what we call worldly wisdom, but wisdom that comes from spending a lot of time in prayer, and serving God and others.
The writing style is poetic, but the book is nicely written and easily understandable. I like how it's structured on "Mondays"; each chapter captures the things the old pastor imparted on the young man on each particular Monday. I particularly liked the little stories the pastor shared, each story having a lesson suitable for the particular issue the young pastor brings up.
I recommend this book to anyone looking for advice and wisdom in their walk with God.

I received this book in an ebook format from Thomas Nelson in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts expressed here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment