Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Worrier's Guide to Life, by Gemma Correll - Book Review


I first heard of Gemma Correll through Joanna Goddard's blog. I was drawn (haha, got it?) to the pictures and their ability to basically capture some of my thoughts.
I was very curious to read Gemma Correll's The Worrier's Guide to Life, especially since I'm a worrier. The book is structured into 8 chapters, each dealing with a "grown-up" aspect of life. My favourite chapter is chapter five, especially the grown-up stickers one. 

                                                                                {via}
The drawings are nice and detailed, and some of them are so spot on they make me feel not so alone. The book is not necessarily funny in a laugh out loud way, but through wit and nicely used sarcasm, it appeals to introverts.
This makes for a quick read, a conversation starter, and just as other people said, a coffee table book to flip through and agree with.


                                         A real photo of Gemma and her beloved pug. {via}



I received a copy of this book via Net Galley. All thoughts expressed here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment