Sunday, June 7, 2015

Undone - by Michele Cushatt: Book Review

I will join the cloud of fellow readers and say that Michele Cushatt's book, Undone, is a useful read for those who are going through a difficult in their lives, or life didn't turn out as they had planned.

While I do think this book is good and worth reading, I had some difficulties in getting myself engaged in it. By the 50% mark on my Kindle, I was ready to see the book finished. I am sure this has to do with the tone I was reading the story in. Some of the decisions the author and her family had made, made me internally second guess her and them, but again, this has more to do with me as a reader.

However, I really liked the parts where she described how she tried to grasp the idea of living by faith in a practical way, no matter the circumstances. The metaphors she used, and the quotes at the beginning of every chapter are all nicely put together to give coherence to the text as a whole. Also, I appreciated the openness with which she shared her story. I believe this is what gives the book authenticity. Michele Cushatt is also a speaker, and by having read this book of hers, I am sure she's not talking about easy stuff, but real, hard to deal with aspects of life. 

All in all, a useful book, but I was probably not in the fit state of mind and/or life circumstances to fully appreciate it.

3.5stars

I was given an ebook copy of this book via Net Galley by Zondervan. All thoughts expressed here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment