Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Abandoned Books - Net Galley

Unfortunately I couldn't finish this book. It seemed appealing at first, but for some reason at one point I lost my interest. It's a narrative, part memoir, part military report. It has a lot of historical facts and data about the conflict in Lebanon that had consequences for the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and in that part of the world.

It would be something worth-reading and most certainly engaging to someone interested in history. Maybe it would be best to be read in paperback rather than in an e-book form as I tried to do.

Maybe it's something I'll revisit some other day. I don't deny its importance and accuracy, but it's not the book for me at this time.





Unfortunately I couldn't finish this book either. It, too, seemed appealing at first, but for some reason at one point I lost my interest and I decided to stop reading it. It is told from the point of view of the members of the Wang family. Following their father's business collapse, the Wang family embark on a road-trip. Their father's plan is to go to China to claim their heritage. It made me go ahead and request this book for review, but it didn't work out. Not to mention, as far along as I got with this book, I didn't find it hilarious. At all.

I am not sure I will ever return to this book, to be honest. It did seem intriguing when I saw the book, but after a few weeks of reading it sporadically, I completely lost my interest, and the characters started irking me. There's no clearer sign for me that maybe I should stop reading a book.




I received a free e-book copy of these books from the publisher via Net Galley. All thoughts expressed here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment