Monday, November 7, 2016

Handmade Toys

The school I teach at had its week of Alternative Schooling this past week. That meant that for a week all usual classes were left aside and teachers and students participated in activities that encouraged learning in a different way. Some went to the City Hall, some went on day trips, some went on a week long trip, some participated in all kinds of social awareness activities.
On Tuesday, with a group of girls I teach, we created toys. The project aims to make 1001 toys by December for the children who can not afford them. The toys are easy to make, although they take quite some time. I was so proud of my girls! When I presented the activity to the classes I teach I didn't know what to expect, but I am proud of them for taking time from their busy schedules and spending 2-3 hours making a small toy for a child in need.
Below are some of the toys we made.
{the fox I made}
 
{the toys we made}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment