Saturday, December 31, 2016

Christmas Books

After school let out for the rest of the year and after vacation days were officially signed for the rest of the year, I decided that the best thing to do was to read Christmas books. I browsed on GoodReads to see what it had to offer under the "Christmas" tag. There were plenty to choose from, but the criteria for my picks was "easy read". Of course I manged to find plenty, but I stopped at six books.

1. The Christmas Box - Richard Paul Evans: 4/5 stars
Cute and endearing. A good start for my Christmas books reading spree.


2. The Perfect Christmas - Debbie Macomber: 2/5 stars
My first Debbie Macomber novel. It was cheesy and cheesy and cheesy. But it's what one would expect from a Debbie Macomber novel.



3. Can This Be Christmas - Debbie Macomber: 3/5 stars
Better, not cheesy, but lovely for a Christmas read.

4. Let It Snow - Maureen Johnson, John Green, Lauren Myracle: 3/5 stars
I've been meaning to read this for a long, long time, and I finally have. It's funny, and a good young adult story never hurt anyone. The fact that the stories are connected to one another was a surprise.

5. A Redbird Christmas - Fannie Flagg: 2/5 stars
I had such a hard time finishing this book. Christmas was ready by the time I finally decided to just sit down and finish it, already!

6. The 13th Day of Christmas - Jason F. Wright: 2/5 stars
Sad, but cute.

Now that Christmas is over, and soon my days off too, it's time to get back to "serious" reading. I have already started to get back on track with a big book, The Book Thief. Can't wait to see how I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment