Saturday, June 3, 2017

No Turning Back - by Tracy Buchanan: Book Review

Author: Tracy Buchanan 
Pages: 321
Format: Kindle
Genre: Mystery Fiction
Publisher: Crooked Lane Books
Publishing Date: 13.06.2017

It was a slow start, but after 10% it picked up. I am not convinced of the premise of the book - to kill a child to protect yours. Some parts of the story, when it is described what is happening (view spoiler), are not very clear and I had to re-read them. I was curious to see whodunit, although at some point I guessed who one of the murderers was, albeit later than I expected (and have liked!) to guess who the murderer was.

Some parts seem impossible, and forced. Those police officers, poor souls, were highly incompetent. That kid was very smart for an eight month old, the people were stiff in their dialogues for the most part, and even the romantic relationship is not plausible and doesn't make you cheer for the characters. The setting by the sea was lovely, though.

However, for a mystery story, it was nice, I enjoyed it.

I received an advance e-book copy from the publisher, Crooked Lane Books via Net Galley. All thoughts expressed here are my own.

3*/5

No comments:

Post a Comment